CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Candy Corn Cookies

I guess I haven't made or attempted any new cookie projects or treats lately but now, it's kind of getting back in season....Halloween delicious treats, then Thanksgiving delicious treats and then of course, Christmas delicious treats. These delicious treats mainly include sugar cookies, but yesterday, I tried out some Candy Corn Pinwheel cookies. These cookies don't look like candy corn, but I did use the same colors - yellow, orange and white. I used my mom's recipe for Candy Cane cookies (a personal favorite) to make there:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. powdered sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Then, I split the dough into thirds, colored them, rolled them out. I stacked all three colors together, rolled them a little more to squish the colors together and then I rolled the whole thing into a big log to slice up. And there you go - Candy Corn Pinwheel cookies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment