CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Cookie Bouquet

This year for the 4th, I decided to try out a cookie bouquet. While doing this I realized that there are two different types of cookies, a delicious cookie and a beautiful one. Beautiful ones are the kind people make to build bouquets (though I think mine are pretty nice, there is room for improvement - I'm still learning!). Delicious cookies are the kind I like to eat! I still made my normal recipe for cookies but I think the true secret in my cookies is the butter-cream frosting. I have been looking at other people's cookies and I determined that there is absolutely no way they use butter-cream frosting. Everyone uses royal icing - the kind that turns rock hard and doesn't taste good - hence, the beautiful cookie but not the delicious cookie. So I added almond flavoring and a little bit of shortening to my royal icing to add flavor and softening power! We'll see if it works!
Happy 4th of July everybody!!

2 comments:

Chesnut Family

Really Nice, Anna!! I want to eat them!

Moore Minutes

Your cookies are gorgeous! LOVE the Christmas ones below too.

Post a Comment